1. PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are to educate computer science graduates who will be capable of achieving the following goals in their future careers:
• PEO1: To work successfully in their chosen profession, and pursue higher education.
• PEO2: Take social responsibility, especially in decision-making and recognizing the impact of technology on society, thus, becoming global citizens.
• PEO3: Lead and strategize for the development of computer science.
• PEO4: Become experts or scientists in the field of computer science, actively contributing to the progress of science and technology at national and international levels.
2. STUDENT OUTCOMES (SOs)
The general objective is aligned with specific student outcomes are in compliance with the educational outcomes mandated by the Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accrediting Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) and based on the training program standards prescribed by the Ministry of Education & Training of Vietnam. These student outcomes are also in compliance with the educational outcomes mandated by the accreditation criteria which the SIU pursues. Thus, graduates of the computer science program will have an ability to:
SO1: Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
SO2: Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
SO3: Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
SO4: Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
SO5: Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
SO6: Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Curriculum of Computer Science 2018-2022 Concentration Computer Science
4. PROGRAM ENROLLMENT AND DEGREE DATA
FT: Full Time
PT: Part Time