Scholarship policy for the academic year 2013 -2014
For first-year students
– SIU offers 100 full tuition for four years scholarships, which include:
- 80 scholarships for students of the programs taught in Vietnamese language, each is worth about 166.9 – 191.9 million VND.
- 20 scholarships for students of the programs taught in English language, each is worth about 433.9 – 475.6 million VND.
In order to be considered for and granted the full scholarships in the first year, students must meet the following requirements:
– Achieve an average point of 9.5 in grade 10, 11 and 12 and;
– Achieve at least 26 points in the 2012 university/ college entrance exam (not including the preferential points) and;
– Hold a minimum sore of 61 in TOEFL iBT by ETS (for students of the programs taught in English language).
In order to get the full scholarship for the second, the third and the fourth year, students must achieve a minimum average point of 9.5 and not have to take any make-up exam. (*)
SIU offers 30 full tuition scholarships for first year students (each is worth about 41.7 – 118.9 million VND); 30 full tuition scholarships for two courses of the TOEIC & TOEFL program (each is worth about 5.8 – 13.8 million VND); and 30 full tuition scholarships for one course of TOEIC &TOEFL program (each is worth about 2.9 – 6.9 million VND). These scholarships are available to all students from 30 high schools nationwide. (*)
See the list of 30 high schools considered for the scholarship here.
For students of The Asian International School, SIU offers many attractive scholarships as follows: full tuition scholarships (41.7 – 118.9 million VND per scholarship), 60% tuition scholarships (25 – 71.3 million VND per scholarship) and 40% tuition scholarships (16.7 – 47.6 million VND per scholarship) for the first year of study for students who achieve the first, second, and third highest scores respectively in the 2013 high school graduation examination. For all other The Asian International School students, SIU also offers 20% tuition scholarships (8.3 – 23.8 million VND per scholarship) for their first year of study at SIU.
SIU offers 20% tuition scholarship for first-year students who have met the following requirements:
- Hold a TOEFL iBT certificate with a minimum core of 80 or an IELTS certificate with a minimum core of 6.0 or;
- Achieve at least 26 points in the 2012 university/ college entrance exam (included the preferential points) or;
- Have the privilege of university direct entry
- Hold an excellent record in art, sports, social activities or science and technology at national level.
– SIU offers 10% tuition scholarships for first-year students who complete their admission applications by 26 August, 2013 (based on the postage stamp).
– SIU offers 5% tuition scholarships for first-year students who complete their admission applications by 10 October, 2013 (based on the postage stamp).
For more information about the Scholarship Policy, please visit: www.siu.edu.vn
For second, third and fourth year students
SIU offers 15% tuition scholarships for second, third and fourth year students who achieve a GPA of at least 9.5 in the previous year and do not take any make-up exam. SIU offers 10% tuition scholarships for the second, the third and the fourth year students who achieve get a GPA of at least 9.0 in the previous year and do not take any make-up exam SIU offers 100% tuition scholarships for the second, third and fourth year students who achieve outstanding academic achievements in the previous year. SIU offers 15% tuition scholarships for SIU students who take the TOEIC & TOEFL program in the academic year 2013-2014.
The scholarship policy for the following years will be announced in details for each year.
SIU have offered scholarships worth about 46 million VND all together during the past five years for students have an excellent record at high school, students who have 1st , 2nd and 3rd choice to study at SIU, and among these scholarships is the free program of English skills and computer skills which SIU supports.
SIU continues to offer a variety of attractive scholarships for the academic year 2013-2014 with the aim of creating more opportunities for students to study at a modern environment of international standards with advanced teaching and learning methods.