Irreplaceable professions in the 4.0 technology era
SIU promotes human resource development roadmap in psychology
According to Maxfield Brown, manager of the foreign investment consulting firm in Asia Dezan Shira & Associates (DSA), Vietnam is a country with great potential for mental health services, one of the most important areas. the most important and practical of Psychology.
The development of society entails many pressures, silently affecting people’s emotions and behaviors. Many teen suicides in recent years lead to a common statement in the report: “the victim showed signs of depression”. Signs of anxiety, stress, mood swings or constant mental fatigue are signs that help is needed.
For that reason, Saigon International University decided to promote the bachelor’s degree program in Psychology, in order to train high-quality human resources in psychological science and orient the application of intensive specialization in Psychology. psychotherapeutic counseling, meeting the increasing needs of society and taking care of spiritual life.
With a commitment to leading in quality and many breakthroughs in the training program, the Psychology major at SIU aims to develop high-quality human resources, with standard professional attitudes and ethics, and high competence. comprehensive expertise, a highly competitive edge in the profession, and the ability to integrate internationally and for lifelong learning.
SIU has a team of highly qualified experts and lecturers, modern invested facilities, links with businesses, hospitals, etc. to meet high quality training.
The training content and curriculum are constantly updated with modern and diverse knowledge in the field of counseling and therapy. Thereby, students are equipped with necessary skills, confident, adaptive and work well in specific contexts such as schools, businesses, individuals or groups of different clients.
With the aim of developing high-quality human resources in psychology for the development of Vietnam, SIU encourages and nurtures young people who have enough passion and aspirations for the field of study, with a specialized scholarship program.
In addition, the Psychological Counseling Room at the school is also a space for students to study well and have effective practical experience.
● Admissions criteria in 2022: 50 students
● Major code: 7310401
● Admissions methods:
+ High school exam results 2022.
+ 12th grade’s results
+ Admission is based on the results of the competency assessment exam of Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City 2022
+ Results of 5 semesters (2 semesters of 10th grade, 2 semesters of 11th grade and 1st semester of 12th grade)
● Admissions combinations:
○ D01 (Math, Literature, English)
○ C00 (Literature, History, Geography)
○ D14 (Literature, History, English)
○ D15 (Literature, Geography, English)
● Tuition fee (including 30% scholarship for the whole course): 19,454,975 VND/semester
● Training time: 3.5 – 4 years
Psychology has gradually proved its necessity in society. After graduation, students can work in many positions:
– Teaching at schools with psychology subjects, teachers teaching life skills at high schools, intermediate schools, colleges and universities.
– Psychologist at companies, schools, community health care projects funded by foreign countries.
– Become an educator and psychotherapist, do psychotherapy in departments/hospitals such as psychiatric hospitals, children’s hospitals, general hospitals, social facilities centers with functional functions. relate to.
– Psychologist at schools, psychological counseling centers, businesses in need.
– Research staff, community development project staff at Research Institutes, Centers for Research and Application of Psychology, domestic and foreign NGOs…
– Continue to graduate study in Psychology or related disciplines.