(Regarding participation and writing reports for the Training – Practicing Professional Skills program.
Saigon International University (SIU) would like to announce to all students the regulations regarding participation and writing reports for the Training – Practicing Professional Skills program as follows:
In order to create opportunities for students to interact, learn from the knowledge and experience of managers and policymakers from the government and leaders of Vietnamese and foreign companies and corporations, as well as to engage in real-life situations and accumulate knowledge beyond the core subjects, SIU organizes various Training – Practicing Professional Skills programs, including seminars, training sessions, internships, and exchange programs. These programs are crucial for students to demonstrate their practical skills, their ability to integrate into the learning process, and are among the criteria used by domestic and international companies and corporations for selection and promotion.
There are two types of vocational skills training programs:
– Training – Practicing Professional Skills programs without report writing. The university highly appreciates participation in these programs to enhance student’s knowledge, and students will receive an attendance score of 7 points per program (which can be converted into encouragement points).
– Training – Practicing Professional Skills programs with report writing. The reports will be evaluated and scored based on the score it has achieved.
All students are required to participate fully and submit reports (as required) for each program they attend. Reports must be submitted to the Academic Office within two (2) weeks from the participation date. Reports will only be recognized if students comply with the program’s regulations.
The scores for the reports and attendance scores for participation (without report writing) will be averaged and added as encouragement points to the final internship report. The calculation of these encouragement points is as follows:
Average Score = [(Total score of all reports) + (Number of participations without report writing x 7)] / Total number of organized programs.
|THE AVERAGE SCORE OF THE TRAINING – PRACTICING PROFESSIONAL SKILLS PROGRAM
From 5.0 to 6.9
From 7.0 to 7.9
From 8.0 to 8.9
From 9.0 to 10
Note: If the final internship report score, combined with the average score of the Training – Practicing Professional Skills program, exceeds the maximum score of 10 points, the final internship report will be awarded the maximum score as the final grade.
If a student is absent or does not submit a report after participating, the score for that participation (without report writing) or the report itself will be 0 points, and the absence will affect the evaluation results as well as the issuance of the Certificate of Participation in the Training – Practicing Professional Skills program for the student.
Reports with scores below the average (5.0) must be rewritten until they reach the average or above, but not more than twice. Students who do not complete the report until they achieve an average score or above will be considered as not submitting the report.
– Criteria for evaluating students in the Training – Practicing Professional Skills program:
– Results of the report
– The evaluation results of students in the Training – Practicing Professional Skills program are based on the average score and compliance with the program’s regulations by the students.
– Grading scale: A (9.0-10 points), B (8.0-8.9), C (7.0-7.9), D (5-6.9), F (0-4.9). Students must achieve a grade of D or above in order to be issued the Certificate of Participation in the Training – Practicing Professional Skills program.
If the above regulations are violated, students will be responsible for their violations, as well as the consequences for their academic performance, exams, and the results of the final internship.