About scientific research activities sponsored by Saigon International University (SIU) and Institute of Asian Studies (IAS)
Article 1: Purpose
1. Contributing to the development of research, improving the quality of teaching and training of SIU and IAS.
2. Support lecturers in scientific research activities to improve professional qualifications.
3. Promote collaboration between individuals and departments in the university through scientific research activities.
4. Facilitate cooperation on scientific research between SIU, IAS and domestic and foreign institutes, universities, organizations, enterprises and individuals.
Article 2: Forms of research
1. Carry out research topics/projects on an issue within the faculty’s professional field, or interdisciplinary topics/projects that are meaningful to the faculty’s professional activities and /or meet the needs of society.
2. Conduct research and transfer technology to contribute to socio-economic development.
3. Write books, reference materials, teaching materials about the subjects of the faculty/subject.
4. Translate from foreign language into Vietnamese part or all of books and articles to serve teaching work.
5. Publish research results in prestigious national and international scientific journals. 6. Participating in and presenting presentations at domestic and foreign scientific conferences.
Article 3: Responsibilities of scientists
1. Scientists whose research topics are approved by the Scientific Councils of SIU and IAS must comply with the regulations of SIU and IAS on scientific research during the implementation of the research, and are responsible for completing the research projects. in accordance with the registered plan, periodically reporting the results of the project implementation to the Scientific Research Management Department. The scientist is personally responsible for the academic results of the research.
2. Respect the principles of research ethics, absolutely no plagiarism in any form and at any level. Must respect intellectual property rights, comply with regulations on quoting sources according to international regulations and standards. Do not falsify original data and documents.
3. Ensure full implementation of regulations on finance, intellectual property and copyright.
Article 4: Responsibilities of the Research Department
1. Propose orientations, programs and research topics suitable to the faculty’s professional tasks and scientific research capacity.
2. Support lecturers in scientific research, organize scientific research activities for lecturers.
3. Developing cooperation projects on scientific research and technology transfer for production with domestic and foreign partners.
4. The Scientific Council is responsible for determining the research directions of SIU and IAS.
5. The Scientific Council has the task of establishing and expanding international cooperation activities in scientific research, towards building transnational research groups.
Article 5: Process and procedures for registration and approval of research projects
Before being funded, all scientific research projects must follow the following process:
1. Individuals or groups of scientists can register topics according to the research orientation of SIU, IAS or according to their own proposals.
2. Dossier of registration for implementation of the topic includes:
– The registration and explanation of the research topic is made according to the form NCKH 01.
– Time to implement the topics: from 12 months to 24 months.
– Research outline needs to clarify: validity and legitimacy of the topic, research objectives, research methods; expected results, implementation time and number of labor hours spent on implementation; funding sources and expected amount (estimated budget according to the form NCKH 02).
– The scientist submits the application for registration of the scientific research topic to the Scientific Research Management Department, the Scientific Research Management Division makes a list to send to the Scientific Council of SIU and IAS.
3. Scientific Council of SIU and IAS organize the protection of the outline and review of the topic. In the scientific council, it is necessary to have experts in the research area of the topic to give critical opinions. This specialist can be a faculty member within the SIU, IAS, or an external guest. Based on the opinions of the reviewer and the Scientific Council, the Chairman of the Scientific Council makes a decision on the selection of a research topic. The selection criteria are:
– The research topic is suitable to the needs of SIU and IAS, has scientific and practical significance, is new and urgent;
– The research topic is suitable to the needs of society, has scientific and practical value, is new and urgent; have social value;
Research objectives are clearly defined and specific. Research scope and research object are feasible;
– Appropriate research methods;
– Reasonable budget.
After being selected, the author or group of authors completes the thesis description, the Scientific Research Management Department collects the documents of the topics and sends them to the Scientific Council of SIU and IAS for final approval. The project is funded for implementation with the approval of the Scientific Council of SIU and IAS as well as of the Board of Directors of SIU and IAS. Funding for the project can be obtained from the scientific research budget sponsored by the Asian International Education Group (GAIE), or from other departments, sectors and external partners.
Article 6: Implementation of the topic
The project progress report is made twice: mid-term and final. The Scientific Council reviews the progress of the implementation and the use of funds, and decides whether to continue the project, adjust it or not. The Scientific Council shall notify the decision to the Scientific Research Management Department.
The project manager should make a written report to the Scientific Council on the intended changes during the implementation of the topic:
– Changes in research objectives and scope;
– Changes in key personnel;
– Changes in budget estimates. These changes are made only after the approval of the Scientific Council and approval of the SIU and IAS Governing Boards.
Article 7: Protection and acceptance of the topic
1. After completing the project, the scientist/scientist group will present the research results with the participation of the Scientific Council, interested people inside and outside SIU, IAS. Based on the comments of colleagues, the authors added corrections to complete the report.
2. At the proposal of the President of the Scientific Council, SIU & IAS will establish a council to accept the research results of the topic. The number of council members is from 5 to 7 people. The members of the council must have at least 02 experts in the scientific field of the topic. At least 1/3 of the board members must be outside the SIU and IAS.
Article 8: Disclosure of research results
Summary of research results in Vietnamese or English published on the websites of SIU and IAS; GAIE Science Bulletin. Authors are encouraged to publish the results of this research in prestigious national and international journals. The Scientific Research Management Department is responsible for assisting the author in compiling the summary of research results in accordance with the regulations and standards of the international journal.